Sunday, August 29, 2010

Moving at Light Speed

Life has been running a million miles an hour, and I'm not quite sure when it will stop. School has started, which means I am busy teaching 1st and 2nd graders all day long, while trying to meet the often very diverse needs I am finding in my classroom. For Pete, the start of school means the start of confirmation class every morning, on top of everything else. Oh, and should I mention that the senior pastor received and is considering a call to another congregation? The boxes still aren't unpacked, although we do have a workable guest bedroom. (Now we just need to get the boxes from the guest bedroom unpacked instead of simply moved to another room.) I've already gotten a little more of the cabinet harware for our kitchen cabinets installed today, and hope to get that at least close to finished. Oh, did I mention we will have company coming into town both next weekend and the weekend after? So, there is some pressure to get the house looking more presentable.
In the midst of all of this chaos, my confirmation verse has been sticking out in my head - "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1) I need to trust in God and his guidance, even when life is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment