Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Update (without Seth Meyers)

I haven't made a post that simply updated everyone of what is going on in life for awhile, so, I am taking some time to do that now (without making this sound like a Christmas letter).
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  The day started with church.  Peter and I spent the rest of the day on our own, making a delicious turkey, my famous mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, and, of course, cranberry sauce.  (Yes, the cranberry sauce did come from a can.  If you can't see the can lines on it, something just feels wrong.)
Since we can't really go anywhere for Thanksgiving, nor did we have any family coming, we spent Friday buying a chest freezer (so we could freeze the venison that Peter shot) and going to Blue Man Group in St. Louis.  We ate dinner at a restaurant called Vito's.  I had an amazing lobster risotto and Peter enjoyed his  goat cheese pizza.  Blue Man Group was also fantastic.  I enjoy how they combine music, art, and comedy.  My only complaint was the woman and her son sitting next to me.  She did nothing but explain to her son what was going on and play on her phone.  If your son isn't old enough to understand it, he shouldn't be there.  (Frankly, there were a few moments that were a bit adult and inappropriate for small children anyway.)
This weekend I also got the outside Christmas lights up, including the new-to-us nativity set my parents gave us after they moved into their condo.  The inside of the house is not yet decorated yet, however.  Peter and I are both adamant that you cannot have Christmas without a real Christmas tree.  Because we leave the tree up until Epiphany, we don't want to put it up too soon.  As Advent begins next Sunday, we will probably put up our tree then.

Enjoy the rest of your November!


1 comment:

  1. "If you can't see the can lines on it, something feels wrong." I totally agree! Oh, how I miss canned cranberry jelly! :) Good to see an update from you!!

    ReplyDelete