Monday, April 25, 2011

"The Lord said to Noah..."

Back when I was in college, we sometimes sang a song in chapel called "Let It Rain." Now, I never particularly liked the song (as it really didn't talk about anything at all, and I personally like songs/hymns that actually talk about Jesus or the other two persons of the Trinity). Today I really don't like the song. Why? Because it has been raining practically nonstop since Friday. Our yard (that we worked so hard on last week) is completely saturated. We now have a small river and pond in our backyard. The school I teach at is in the middle of a floodplain. There is only 1 road still open to get to school, and it involves going way out of the way. In fact, if the state highway is closed tomorrow (which it may very well be), my 30-35 minute commute will easily turn into an hour and a half commute. Since we have a PTL meeting after school, I am seriously thinking about taking a change of clothes, some toiletries, and a sleeping bag to school tomorrow so that I don't have to go home before Wednesday.
I just want the rain to stop and life to be semi-normal again. However, it doesn't appear that that will happen anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever get your back yard graded, or is there a chance that the water will come into the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backyard was going to be a spring project, but there are some other things we needed t do first (namely, pull out some of the plants that are in the way). We got started on the plants, but hadn't gotten to the patio yet. Still, we are water-free for the moment.

    ReplyDelete