Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Hope You Like Spinach!

I only eat my spinach raw, not out of a can, so I hope that I fit in okay. Why does this matter? My husband received his first call to be an assistant pastor in Chester, IL, the home of Popeye. Yes, the main this Chester is known for is that the Popeye cartoonist lived there. They have a Popeye festival every year, in fact. So, in a couple of months, we will be loading up a moving van and heading about 70 miles south to Chester.
While I am excited about the call, I am also nervous. Chester is different from any place I have ever lived. I am a city girl. We won't be super far from St. Louis, but the fact that I'll need to drive 45 minutes to find a Target is a bit frightening.
One of the hymns the choir sang at the call service keeps running through my head.
"Christ be my leader by night as by day,
Safe through the darkness for He is the way.
Gladly I follow my future His care.
Darkness is daylight when Jesus is there.'
Written by Christopger Dudley-Smith

1 comment:

  1. Target may be a ways away, but there is a Walmart in Chester. (I checked the Internet after noticing a Walmart in Independence, Missouri. They are everywhere.)

    ReplyDelete