Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You Can't Go Home Again

This weekend, I will be heading back to my hometown for the first time in more than two years.  It is an odd feeling to be going home.  I love my hometown.  However, I will not be going back to my childhood home, as my parents moved into a condo about a month ago.  I am not sure that I will get a chance to see any of my childhood friends while I am there.  I will get to see my parents and my brother while he is on leave, which is part of the reason I am going "home" now.  Because we need to be back so Peter can be at church on Sunday, I will not even get to visit my childhood church. 
All of this makes me a bit homesick.  Homesick for my friends especially (both the ones from home, but also the ones from college, camp, and other areas of my life).  Living far away from those I care about most is quite challenging at times.  I think I feel it most during the summer, because that's when I have the most downtime.  So, for all of my friends, know that you are loved and greatly missed.  (And, if any of you want to make a trip to Southern Illinois to visit me, the door is wide open!)

No comments:

Post a Comment